General Tips for Better Scores in TAKS
- Read the exam directions from practice
TAKS tests. Browse them during the actual TAKS test and use the time
saved during the TAKS test to work on questions.
- Develop positive attitude and get plenty
of rest before the TAKS test. Clear mind will let you think
better and faster.
- Take practice TAKS tests so that you
will not be surprised with the type of questions or the difficulty
- Answer easy questions and questions
based on concepts familiar to you. Mark skipped questions in your exam
book so you can quickly return to them later.
- Mark only one answer per question.
- Guess or approximate to see if you can
eliminate at least one or more choices.
- Read the questions and directions in the
TAKS test carefully. Pay attention to the keywords.
- Skip any question if you haven't the
faintest idea about the answer. You don't lose points. Wasting too
much time on it may leave you with little time to do remaining
- Don't spend too much time on any one
question. Practicing with Sample TAKS tests and timimg yourself will
help you judge this ability.
- Practice, practice, practice!
- Don't change an answer unless you're
sure you made an error.
- Read the words in the question
carefully. Be sure to answer the question asked and not the question
you recall from a practice test.
© Tips4Taks, Inc. 2005 - 2008
Exam Taking Tips